DR. Mohammad Hatta SH, M.Kn
Mr. Mohammad Hatta is a retired Judge who most recently served as Vice Chairman of the High Court of Daerah Istimewa Yogjakarta. Judge Hatta is a widely known judge and has vast experience throughout the courts of Indonesia. Prior to serving at the High Court of Daerah Istimewa Yogjakarta, Mr. Mohammad Hatta served as a judge for 40 years in various High Courts, including the High Court of Kalimantan Tengah, Nusa the High Court North Tenggara, the High Court of East Nusa Tenggara, and the High Court of Middle Java.
Prior to those positions, Mr. Mohammad Hatta was also a judge and a Chairman of various District Courts in Indonesia such as the District Courts of Central Jakarta, Palembang, Salatiga, Singkawang, Manokwari, Merauke, Jayapura, Balikpapan and Sragen. In addition to daily duties as a Judge, Mr. Mohammad Hatta was also active as a chairman of various organizations and institutions such as the Chairman of the National Boy Scouts, Chairman of the Indonesian Tennis Association, Chairman of Great Day of Islam of Indonesia and others.
Besides being a lecturer, currently Mr. Mohammad Hatta also acts as an adjudicator in Indonesian Insurance Mediation Board (Badan Mediasi Asuransi Indonesia (BMAI)) at Jakarta.
At DEP, Mr. Mohammad Hatta provides guidance and advice in Criminal Law, Insurance Law, Land Law, Civil and Criminal Law Procedure, Law of Politics, Medical Disputes and the Theory of Law.
After completing his duties as as a Judge, Mr. Mohammad Hatta currently as lecturs at various universities such as: Guest Lecturer, Post Graduate Program Faculty of Law of University of Gadjah Mada, Faculty of Law of University of Bung Karno, Faculty of Law of Universtity of Pembangunan Nasional Veteran Jakarta, Faculty of Law for the Post Graduate Program of University of Jayabaya Jakarta, Faculty of Law of University of 17 August 1945 Jakarta, Faculty of Law of University of Janabadra Yogyakarta, STIH IBLAM Jakarta, University of Diponegoro in Semarang, University of Cenderawasih and APDN Jayapura.
Mr. Mohammad Hatta also still has time to write books and present papers including the following:
- National Land Law in Unity State Perspective (Hukum Tanah Nasional dalam Perspektif Negara Kesatuan), Media Abadi, Yogyakarta: 2006;
- Integrity Criminal Justice system, in conception and implementation (Sistem Peradilan Pidana Terpadu, Dalam Konsepsi dan Implementasi), BP Galang Yogyakarta: 2007;
- Several Issues of General Criminal Law and Special Criminal Law (Beberapa Masalah Hukum Pidana Umum dan Hukum Pidana Khusus), Liberty, Yogyakarta: 2008;
- Criminal Politics Policy (Kebijakan Politik Kriminal), Pustaka Pelajar, Yogyakarta: 2009;
- Criminal Law Procedure in Question and Answer (Hukum Acara Pidana dalam Tanya Jawab), Liberty, Yogyakarta: 2010;
- Civil Law Procedure in Question and Answer (Hukum Acara Perdata dalam Tanya Jawab), Liberty, Yogyakarta: 2010;
- Human Trafficking (Tindak Pidana Perdagangan Orang), Liberty, Yogyakarta: 2011;
- Health and Medical Dispute Law (Hukum Kesehatan dan Sengketa Medik), Liberty, Yogyakarta: 2013;
- Chapters of the Acquisition and the Abolishment of the Right to Land (Bab-bab Tentang Perolehan dan Hapusnya Hak Atas Tanah), Liberty, Yogyakarta: 2013;
- Corruption Eradication Commision and Criminal Justice System (KPK dan Sistem Peradilan Pidana), Liberty, Yogyakarta: 2014;
- Capita Selecta of Criminal Law Reform and Punishment System (Kapita Selekta Pembaharuan Hukum Pidana dan Sistem Pemidanaan), Liberty, Yogyakarta: 2015; and
- Point of Tangency of Criminal and Civil Law (Titik Singgung Perkara Pidana dan Perkara Perdata), Graha Ilmu, Yogyakarta: 2015.