Gregory K. Ranslam
Gregory K. Ranslam
Admission to the Bar
JD, Northwestern University School of Law
Member of the Northwestern University Law Review, Editorial Board
University of Southern California (graduated with honors)
BA in Philosophy and Political Science
Faculty in Residence Honors Program
- New York Bar Association, 1991
- American Chamber of Commerce
Corporate and M&A, Project Finance, Infrastructure, Finance, Capital Markets, Mining, Restructuring/Bankruptcy and Dispute Resolution.
Awards and Accolades:
Greg is frequently recognized as a leading law practitioner, particularly in Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate/M&A by various Asian publications and also practices extensively in natural resources law.
Asia Pacific Legal 500 (2009/2010 & 2010/2011)
A leading individual in:
- Banking and Finance
- Capital Markets
- Corporate and M&A
The Asia Pacific Legal 500 noted that Gregory Ranslam is singled out for his expertise in large mergers and they also noted from clients that: ‘There are not many foreign lawyers in Indonesia of Greg’s caliber, with his tenure of experience and ability to work cross-culturally.’ The APL 500 quoted other major multinational clients as saying that “Greg is a very good bridge between our company and the Indonesian lawyers at the firm. He’s able to explain the complexities of Indonesian law to Western businesses, up to head office level. We use this firm because Greg is there and we trust him’.
- One of the World’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Strong qualifications in Corporate/M&A
Recognized in Chambers Global where they noted that, ‘Foreign legal consultant Gregory Ranslam “hits the ball out of the park”, said enthused clients, who described him as ‘sharp, speedy and commercially oriented in his responses.’ Others comment, ‘His talent lies in instantaneously understanding the expectations of a foreign client and balancing those with interpretation of the grey area in Indonesia laws’.
- One of its Leading Lawyers (2011)
- Named an “outstanding” lawyer (2007)
Cross-border Mergers and Acquisition Handbook
- Named a Leading Lawyer and also a prominent M&A practitioner (2010)
Named a leading Individual in:
- Banking and Finance
Chambers Asia noted that Gregory Ranslam has unmatched experience in the banking and corporate sectors and highlighted for his knowledge of the resources market.
Finance Asia magazine (2010/2011)
Gregory lead the team of Indonesian legal advisers in Cikarang Listrindo’s $300 Million Dollar Bond Issuance which was named as the Best Indonesia Deal by Finance Asia Magazine.
- University of Indonesia, Indonesia, 2000 – 2010
Lecturer on Legal Writing and Legal Opinions
- University of Tarumanegara, Indonesia, 2005
Taught semester course on the Practical Applications of Indonesian Business Law
Conferences and Published Articles:
- Getting the Deal Through – Electricity Regulation 2014, Indonesia Chapter.
- Taught course on a volunteer basis on US Business Law, April/May 2012 at University of Miskolc, Hungary.
- Speaker, “Workshop: Understanding features of the New Mining Law affecting investment strategies into Indonesia”, 3rd Mining Investment Summit, 26 – 28 July 2011, Singapore.
- Speaker, “Investing In The Indonesian Coal Business”, 9th Annual Coal Markets 2011, 21–24 February 2011, Singapore.
- Panel Chair, ‘Competition and Sales Law’ of International Business Law Summit, Center for International Legal Studies in Egypt.
- Panelist, ‘Types of M&A in the Region’, Asian Capital Markets Conference 2009-Deregulation in Current Times, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia by Pinnacle Group on 28th September 2009.
- Speaker on the New Indonesian Mining Law, 15th annual Coaltrans Asia Conference, 30 May – 3 June 2009, Bali, Indonesia.
- Participant, ‘Lawyering in the International Market’ Law Retreat at the Pilanesberg Game Reserve, South Africa by CILS on 14-18 May, 2008.
- Pitfalls of Litigation in Indonesia, presented at the International Litigation Arena Conference, Center for International Legal Studies, Alyeska Alaska, 2 to 8 April 2006.
- Indonesian Telecommunications Law, In-House Congress, Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Jakarta, 31 March, 2004.
- Telecommunications Issues in an Emerging Market: Indonesia, A Case Study at the High Tech Law: E-Commerce, IT and Telecommunications Conference, Kitzbuhel Austria, 12-18 January 2003.
- Developments in the Indonesian Telecommunications Sector, In-House Congress, Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Jakarta, 27 March 2003.
- Major Legal Issues in International Finance at the University of Indonesia, 3 May 2003.
- Developing Indonesian Manpower Issues at the International Distribution & Investment Law Conference, Valle Nevado, Chile on 5-11 August 2003.
- Finance Issues in the Indonesian Legal Environment, University of Indonesia, 6 September 2003.
- Investment Opportunities in Indonesia Through Privatization and Asset Sales, Asia Law & Practice, 2001.
Professional Work Experience:
- DYAH, ERSITA & PARTNERS, Apr 2016 to Present
- AKSET Law, Jakarta, Indonesia, Apr 2013 – Dec 2015
- Makarim & Taira S., Jakarta, Indonesia, 1995 – Sept 2011
Senior Foreign Legal Consultant
Managed Law Firm (2005/2006)
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & Mc Cloy, New York, USA, 1990 – 1995
- Coudert Brothers, Singapore & New York Office, USA, 1989
- Admitted: New York, March 1991